How to gain weight after c diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
debfair
Brand New Poster

How to gain weight after c diff

Postby debfair » Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 am

Any advice for how people gained weight after c diff?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: How to gain weight after c diff

Postby georgina » Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 am

Sorry about moving your topic , but it doesn't belong in success stories .
To answer your question : You need more protein in your diet to help with muscle growth . Most people that lost weight during Cdiff haven't really lost fat but more muscle. So, for that , you need protein to rebuild it . Until your gut is healed , you won't be able to digest everything so you just need to stick to easy to digest protein sources like :chicken , turkey , bone broth , eggs , and (if you tolerate) yogurt and maybe some easy to digest fats like avocado and some butter .

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Debfair,

Ensure Plus helped me gain weight. A former poster (CindyM) recommended the probiotic primeus reuteri. It seems to stimulate the appetite. It helped both Nancy1 and me. I bought it at Whole Foods, and it also can be ordered online.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Another good source of protein that I was able to eat that also has good fats and calories is peanut butter. I ate peanut butter and low sugar jam sandwiches. I also ate pasta with eggs and some butter scrambled into it, plenty of hard parmigiana cheese on top, easily tolerated and some protein and fair amount of calories.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:17 pm

It's been just over a year since I finished treatment for cdiff, and I only recently started to regain the weight I lost. In total, I lost 25 pounds, and I have regained about 7 or 8 at this point. It has been a very slow process.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:55 am

It took me a few years to regain weight and I never fully regained all of it.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”