Possible relapse from stomach bug?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Megan881
New User

Possible relapse from stomach bug?

Postby Megan881 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:55 am

Hi there,

I’ve had a couple relapses from antibiotic use, my last one being August of 2018. About a month ago, my whole family shared a stomach virus with a lot of D. Today, I am feeling anxious and no appetite. Those are usually my first symptoms. On all of my relapses I wouldn’t say I had watery D 3 times a day or more. It was usually 1-2 times a day, and soft but not watery. My other big symptom is that I drop a lot of weight very fast, no appetite or nauseated, and severe anxiety.

Any experience with relapse and stomach infection? Should I try to get in with my GI? What probiotics are you guys taking?

Thanks!
Megan

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Possible relapse from stomach bug?

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:50 pm

It might be IBS from the stomach bug you all shared . Don't panic yet unless it goes full blown D. There are loads of posts that the probitoics were discussed in , type probitoics in the search box and you'll have loads of info .

Megan881
New User

Postby Megan881 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Thank you!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:16 pm

I did test positive after a stomach bug once, but I was not as far out from c diff as you. I did not treat. If I remember right, I only took Pepto Bismol and it subsided and I tested negative subsequently. I take VSL#3 for probiotics, but if you took them when you had c diff, I would suggest you take what works for you. Probiotics can also cause GI symptoms. I had to try various before I found one that agreed with me and now I just take a small part of a capsule with some applesauce because I can't tolerate yogurt, so I figure I can at least get a little bit this way.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”