Cipro and Flagyl

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
poppy86
Regular Contributor

Re: Cipro and Flagyl

Postby poppy86 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:33 pm

Thank you NS789, I'm really looking forward to him feeling better.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:19 am

Sending best wishes to both of you and hope you get some answers. If it is Crohn's, it needs to be treated and if it is c diff, then that too needs to be treated. Let us know what happens.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:17 pm

The biopsy results are in, the doctor said it's colitis, separate from the Crohn's. So he now has both Crohn's and colitis, which I didn't know was possible. I never heard of a person having both? In any case, he actually didn't have a BM since Thursday, so I find that encouraging.

I'm struggling right now with a bad IBS flare up, I'm so anxious and stressed, unable to sleep, eating schedule is messed up and my self-care is suffering. I need to take better care of myself.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 am

Does he have microscopic colitis or ulcerative colitis? I know some posters got microscopic colitis after c difficile. Actually, I know of someone who got ulcerative colitis post c diff and had never had GI issues in his life. Hopefully, this can be treated and he will improve. Take care of yourself too. All this stress is not good for IBS either. I've had it since c diff myself.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 pm

Thank you for your reply Beth. I don't know what kind of colitis it is, the doctor didn't say. He was told all this over the phone, the results aren't in the patient portal online yet.

poppy86
Regular Contributor

Postby poppy86 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:18 pm

He had a BM this morning, solid! This calls for celebration lol. I wonder if the enemas used for the sigmoidoscopy prep somehow helped him?

I've been working on applying for disability for him, it's a long application. In the past two years he has been treated by a team of six different doctors already.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”