Question after First Course

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
dgn15905
Brand New Poster

Question after First Course

Postby dgn15905 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi, first post so thanks for your time. I’m just completing 10 days on Vanco 125g x4 after a first diagnosis. I hopped on it early and was on Vanco within 10 days of the first dose of Augmentin, the antibiotic that started it.
My symptoms have definitely improved, with loose stools but no watery D. I’m on Florastar and other probiotics. I understand that my colon is going to be upset for months. But my question is, how do people that have dealt with this for a while tell if they are having a relapse, or not? I don’t want to slip into the fallacy of panicking every time that I am loose, as I understand there will be a fair amount of that over the next few months. Thanks in advance for your assistance
Last edited by dgn15905 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question after First Course

Postby NanciT » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi dgn and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Once you complete the Vanco it will take time for things to settle down. There will be good days and days you may have loose BM's and get concerned. Keep an eye on your diet, go slow adding foods and see how it goes. We have many on the site that do one round and do fine and move on.

It can take time, I would stay away from alcohol while you recover. I stick to a bland diet and then add foods as time passes.

Hang in there, you will get through it

NanciT

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question after First Course

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 pm

There is the "3-day rule " that most follow. 3 or more bowels per day for 3 consecutive days. In my case; it was mucus, any time there was mucus in stool it was a relapse.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”