Yellow soft Stool 4 weeks post vanco and on cholestyramine

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
luckcake
Brand New Poster

Yellow soft Stool 4 weeks post vanco and on cholestyramine

Postby luckcake » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:48 am

I have yellow soft stool for 3 days now. I am a little over 4 weeks post vanco treatment and I'm on cholestyramine which has been controlling my PI-IBS symptoms well until now. Does it sound like I'm relapsing?

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Yellow soft Stool 4 weeks post vanco and on cholestyramine

Postby Ril » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:03 am

Hello luckcake and welcome to the site. Please read the first thread on rules for posting for new members.
Color alone is not an indication of relapse nor is soft stool. Is this a change from what you have been experiencing since you started on cholestyramine? Also, there are also many shades of yellow. C diff stool generally is a very bright yellow with a distinctive odor and again, and not everybody experiences this.
We generally get concerned about relapse using the three day rule as our “rule of thumb i.e. three or more episodes of watery stool for three days, unless your condition escalates quickly in which case we advise you contact your dr rather than waiting.

Good luck to you and hopefully this is not a relapse and is part of PI IBS.
Rita

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:56 am

Yeap , as Rita said , color , odor etc doesn't mean much . Frequency and consistency are indicators of a relapse . Try not to look into the toilet , just put the lid and flush!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:32 pm

Another vote for “flush and don’t worry.”

The cholestyramine you are on has a low cure rate but “cured” my younger son many years ago. Worth a shot now!!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”