Low grade fever during recovery

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Doville
New User

Low grade fever during recovery

Postby Doville » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:58 pm

Hello, I am a 33 year old female who was diagnosed over a month ago post antibiotic use. They tried to give me metronidazole and vancomycin but both were stopped after using only few pills of each due to side effects. Then I was finally put on 10 day course of Dificid and my symptoms went away within first few days.

However after stopping Dificid my stools became on and off looser or more solid, often still yellow on TP, some pulling feeling in my belly, one day felt nauseous and I had low grade fever on and off, also felt fatigued.

Now I am 2,5 weeks post treatment and my appetite is fully back, belly less painful but stools are still on and off (although I go mostly twice a day and by on and off I mean never watery, but sometimes mushy), still often with yellow (no smell), I feel less fatigued but my main worry is strange low grade fever up to 37,4C started holding on during the day.

Can anyone please advise me if you have experienced similar symptoms during recovery and most importantly this kind of low grade fever which especially comes during the day? I am not able to find any information about low grade fever during recovery and what it means..

Also do you think I am recovering or do I need more treatment? (Not seeking medical advice - just opinion)

Thank you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Low grade fever during recovery

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:22 am

Hi and welcome to the site. I have not heard of a persistent low grade fever during recovery, but I know other GI conditions can cause it - like Crohn's, so perhaps inflammation. That is a question for your doctor and if you have had this for a while, I would call and ask. Were you also tested for other pathogens besides c difficile? Dificid only targets c diff, so it is possible to have another infection. The good news is that your other symptoms are improving.

Doville
New User

Postby Doville » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Thank you for reply. I hope it’s not Chron’s as I also do not have some other common symptoms of it. I was tested for other bacteria, parasites as well.. so strange.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:51 am

Have you tested for COVID?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”