Constant pressure/bubbling?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
NS789
Regular Contributor

Constant pressure/bubbling?

Postby NS789 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:46 am

Have many of you experienced a painless feeling of constant pressure or bubbling in your bowels during/after c diff treatment?

I experience this every day and I've always assumed it's just a build up of gas or PI-IBS, but even with taking OTC gas relieving medication, I continue to have it.

Is this normal? What causes this feeling? And how long does it last after c diff treatment? It's driving me nuts. I'm hoping it's not a sign that something is "cooking" in there in terms of a potential relapse...

Thanks in advance for your support, everyone!
32 y/o female. Got C. diff in Feb. 2020. Prescribed Flagyl (10 days), then Flagyl again (4 days), then Vanco (10 days), then Dificid (10 days), then Dificid again (10 days), then a Vanco taper (5 wks), then a Dificid taper (2 mths) and finally recovered.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Constant pressure/bubbling?

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:56 am

It is funny you posted this. I have been feeling exactly that for last two or 3 hours, and was trying to figure out if it is a sign of relapse happening in next 1 or two days?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Jill79
Regular Contributor

Re: Constant pressure/bubbling?

Postby Jill79 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:35 pm

I think most will agree that your GI system is still recovering from the trauma of the infection as well as all the medications & treatments.

I ended up having an upper endoscopy due to constantly feeling bloated & nauseous after two negative tests. My gastro said he saw inflammation and put me on an acid reducer. I also had a BV (feminine infection) from the antibiotics wiping out all the good bacteria down there. My IBS & monthlies got worse after so I’ve had to make dietary & medication changes.

You will probably question every little pain, twinge, bubble or change but for most it’s temporary & for others it’s a “new” normal you may have to adjust your diet around. But if any of your symptoms are bothersome I would check with your doctor or gastroenterologist.

Best wishes & feel better!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”