May have to have surgery!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
phir91
New User

May have to have surgery!

Postby phir91 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:00 am

Hello everyone,

Hope you are having a good week.

I had cdiff around three months ago.. finally got free after 1 round of metranizadole and 1 round of vanco! My stools were weird for at least 6 weeks but normalised recently...

I have been dealing with a nasty anal fissure for years now.. it has gotten worse since cdiff. I am considering surgery for it and I’m going to see a colorectal surgeon next week. My question to you boardies is... would you decline any prophylactic antibiotics if you had to have surgery and also could the prep set off cdiff?

Thanks

Becca

roy
Administrator

Re: May have to have surgery!

Postby roy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:15 am

Possibly ask if your Dr will consider IV vanco as the prophylactic antibiotic.
An anal fissure is a source of future infections so needs repairing if it's bad.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:18 pm

My son had an anal fissure that became infected. He had c diff twice as a child. His surgeon prescribed Flagyl and did well.

phir91
New User

Postby phir91 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Yes I would like to avoid any infection!! Hopefully I can get this sorted and move on - thanks I will ask for vanco as a prophylactic.

Becca

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”