Can Florastor cause problems with milk products?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Can Florastor cause problems with milk products?

Postby BetsyS » Sat May 09, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi- As many know from my posts, I am 3 mos. post a Vanco taper. I am suffering from PI IBS, and waiting to see my GI. Since contracting C Diff, I've been able to tolerate small amounts of dairy in my diet. I keep track of foods I eat, and generally know which ones I need to avoid, which leads to my question.

I've been suffering horrible D and bloating the last two days, and am wondering if Florastor combined with dairy is the problem. I don't take Florastor daily because taken too frequently sometimes causes bloating, but not D. Cottage cheese in small amounts is a regular part of my diet; it's never caused any issues. I had both on Thursday and have been miserable ever since. I've stuck to my tried and true diet; nothing else would account for it, unless my C Diff is back. (This is day 3, and so far so good) It must be the combination.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Can Florastor cause problems with milk products?

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon May 11, 2020 12:24 am

I take 4 pills of Florastor everyday , two in AM and two in PM and haven't any issue so far. I added 3 tablespoon of Manuka Honey 15+ UMF to my diet since yesterday and it seems to be helping with the PI-IBS
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”