Blood in stool terrified

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Blood in stool terrified

Postby hledgess » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi everyone .. As u know I’ve had issues for a week now .. I was advised to test bc I had bloody strings in my D.. I am 5 weeks out but was 4 weeks when it started.. I’m super scared this is a relapse .. anyone have those things and it not be? Bc I’ve never had that.. the toilet bowel has been stained red and orange and I’ve had orange D bit never blood..

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Blood in stool terrified

Postby Lid49 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Go and test.
Hi I have a question regardin cholesteramyne or questran use if you do not mind, do you have to stop the questran before testing? Do you still use it ?
Thank you lidia

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:01 pm

I did I dropped it a couple hours ago so I’m just waiting .. probably be tomorrow since it was afternoon .. no I haven’t taken questran since I tested positive In December.. just pepto and Gas x is all I take for discomfort.. I’m just really scared and hoping it’s not that bc I can’t handle a 4th time.. oh sorry I didn’t see the question in there lol.. as I mentioned I haven’t used it in months .. but I would stop for 2-5 days before I tested just for peace of mind .. bc I’ve called the lab and according to them and my gi dr at one point that the meds is quickly out of your system and the test (if it’s PCR) only tests for the dna not the toxins so even if it was getting rid of toxins you’d still test positive if u had the disease.. that’s what I was told .. but to play it safe and to trust the test I would go off of it several days

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 pm

That was a question for me, if in the past wen you were using and tested did you stoped the questran for testing .
Thank you.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Yes that’s what I tried to explain .. if I were u I would stop it to be absolutely sure it was an accurate test.. if u can’t wait it should still be ok.. just personally I waited .. so if You can wait then wait to test after not being on it ..

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:34 pm

The light color blood on tissue normally is hemorrhoid or fissure. Are you having any WD or M?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:39 pm

It wasn’t on the tp.. I was putting in the container for the sample to take in.. I only saw it bc I was so close.. it was stringy and blood .. I had orange D with mucous yesterday.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”