Flonase caused thrush antifungals safe?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Flonase caused thrush antifungals safe?

Postby hledgess » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:46 pm

So I take Flonase to control terrible post nasal drip that makes me gag.. I’ve noticed the back of my throat feel weird. I looked today and I have a white tongue and bumps in the back of my throat.. oral thrush is a side effect of Flonase .. And it’s pretty spot on in pictures and descriptions of what I’m experiencing.. can antifungal drugs cause a relapse? Or anyone know of a natural cure? I thought maybe I was just irritating my throat by coughing so much but that’s sadly not the case .. any tips are helpful as I’m nervous about any meds and don’t know much about this

roy
Administrator

Re: Flonase caused thrush antifungals safe?

Postby roy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:18 am

I am surprised you have not realised that flonase can also cause stomach problems including Diarrhea.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:20 am

Roy does it really? I have horrible allergies and live in the agriculture center of the United States, so this time of year is pretty bad for sinuses. I’ve never heard that Flonase can cause stomach issues.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:10 am

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/flonase-side-effects.html

Gastrointestinal

Common (1% to 10%): Toothache, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal distension, vomiting, gastrointestinal gaseous symptoms

ALL drugs have side effects.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 am

I didn’t see that on the list no... the question though is does anyone know about the meds they give you to treat it.. I’ve heard it can cause a reoccurrence if I’m not already going through that.. couldn’t sleep but am
Calling the dr when I get more than two hours when the nurses get there after noon .. but now I need to call for this and I’m not going to and try natural if it can cause the slightest issue

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:46 pm

No I don’t know about the meds to treat thrush. I developed thrush from Flagyl and was given some type of liquid medicine for it. I don’t know what it was, but it did help the thrush and didn’t cause a relapse for me. But that doesn’t mean that it can’t. You’d be better off asking your doctor or a pharmacist about that.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:34 pm

I was taking Flonase for few years, and I was told it was the cause of my Scleritis, which is a very serious inflammation in eye and it is very painful.

I have been taking Allegra D instead for runny nose since.. I would never take Flonase again. It has steroid and long term use of steroid causes Scleritis in the eye
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:45 pm

Well I’m starting to wonder now bc I’ve been on Flonase about a month .. I now have orange D and today with added mucus after I eat everyday .. more than once and getting worse .. I feel sick .. don’t want to even eat.. when will all of this be over l? Retorical question of course .. but I hope Flonase isn’t adding to that bc I feel terrible right now

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Flonase did not agree with me. But, to answer your question, my mom took Diflucan for oral thrush and another time Nystatin. The Nystatin can be a liquid that you swish and swallow or swish and spit. If it is in the back of your throat, then you probably have to swallow. It did not give her any problems post c difficile. I have taken Nystatin tablets myself with no issues. Nystatin is milder than Diflucan. They even give it to children.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”