Can eating sugar make you relapse ? I really want to enjoy some things

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Can eating sugar make you relapse ? I really want to enjoy some things

Postby hledgess » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi guys . It’s Easter and I’ve been fighting alergues with horrible post nasal drip Along with LPR flare so I’m constantly swallowing and having issues eating .. I started my monthly yesterday so today I had D but My stool has been good for about two weeks.. would you say screw it and have a rice crispy treat and cookies? Or not? Like I don’t want a relapse! Idk if that’s how it works or not.. could I? My dr doesn’t answer questions like that..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Can eating sugar make you relapse ? I really want to enjoy some things

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:04 am

A lot of sugar is not recommended just because it doesn't sit well and can cause yeast to multiply, etc. It can also cause D. I eat cookies, etc. but in moderation. Start with one thing - a cookie or a rice krispie treat and see how it affects you before you eat a lot in one sitting.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 pm

But the answer is no, sugar does not cause a relapse. None of the foods that you may become intolerant to cause a relapse. They might make you not feel well but foods don’t cause c diff.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Thank you.. I did ok with it one day so had more the next day then was still ok so the next day had more.. however today the second rime I went today I had D back pain, bloating and cramps from 3 pm and it’s still there and it’s almost 11pm so I’m assuming between that and maybe mucinex (although I took it for two weeks straight a month agai and had no issues ) is probably the cause .. is was a small box so between my kids and I the rice crispy treats and muffins are gone lol so that’s a good thing bc most likely was the cause unless hot tea can do that.. because I’ve had issues with my allergies and it seems to make my belly hurt while I’m drinking it .. but I don’t put sugar and it doesn’t have caffeine

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”