Weakness after C-DIFF

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
leegx
New User

Weakness after C-DIFF

Postby leegx » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi all, I've finished the 2 week pulse of Vanco and now tapering for 4 weeks.

I'm feeling very weak and tired very often. Did anyone have a similar experience after C-DIFF?
My BM are back to normal now, but like now 4-5pm for example I'm very weak, tired and ready for bed. This is almost everyday for me now.
I'm working from home currently due to the Coronavirus which is helping.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Weakness after C-DIFF

Postby Ril » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Yes, recovery can be tough. You don’t immediately return to normal. It can take quite a while. Give yourself a break and don’t worry. Having normal BMs is quite an achievement. That is not always the case. You are fine.

leegx
New User

Postby leegx » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:48 pm

I know it's hard to say because it completely depends on the individual, but what sort of time period did it take to recover? I've lost over 36 pounds so I'm not expecting the recovery to be instant. Just concerned I won't recover. CDIFF has really left me with bad anxiety..

Elvish2
Contributor

Postby Elvish2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Oh, yes, fatigue and weakness can be a big part of recovery. I understand the anxiety, too. When I was recovering from c-diff in 2009, it took many months for the fatigue and weakness to fade (I had lost over 20 lbs). I've been experiencing the exhaustion with my current recovery, too. But with time, rest, and taking care of yourself in general, it DOES get better. Sending healing vibes! We're in this together.
2011: contracted c-diff after taking Amoxicillin and Cipro. Successfully treated with Flagyl taper. (Posts under old username, Elvish)

2020: contracted c-diff after taking Augmentin. Finished Dificid taper/pulse on 3/15.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:37 am

Leegx , most people that developed Cdiff were left with vitamin deficiencies . Because of the whole Covid thing is very hard to reach a doctor to check the vitamin levels in the blood , but i would try a over the counter Vit D supplement , might lift the fatigue a bit.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”