Just finished Dificid, symptoms flaring - what's next?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: Just finished Dificid, symptoms flaring - what's next?

Postby hledgess » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm

I had posted a similar thread but no one has commented .. so I am glad to hear I am not alone .. I too have terrible bloating and cramps and pain and others described.. lack of appetite and nausea.. this is a rough road for u all and I hope we all have beat it and are just in recovery! Bc I’ve lost too much weight and want to live as normally as I can at least while doing so only at home alone now with all of this going on in the world.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Hledgess , we will get through this it is just matter of time... how long a go did you finish the antibiotic treatment? Today is my 7th day off the Vanco, up to yesterday I was having constant abdominal pain, discomfort, camping and tensmus. I still do today, specially tensmus and occasional cramping, and abdominal discomfort and boating, but less intense. At my GI request I dropped off the stool sample at his office today to test for cure.. even though I hear testing so early after treatment is not recommend
Last edited by Ali-Mar on Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Ali-
Yes that’s way too early I’m not sure why they’d have you do that.. I’m on day 13 off of it. I was fine til Sunday .. cramping started that day .. all the rest of the symptoms followed days after .. I was ok while in the meds .. just not when I dropped down in dose.. I’m miserable so I hope it’s just part of healing .. waiting on dr call to see if I should b seen before June lol and test before 6 more weeks .. I’m just scared and unsure what my body’s doing

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:11 pm

There is no such thing as a test for cure!
ONLY the lack of FREQUENT WATERY D indicates it's gone.
Some people will never test negative but dont need treating.

Samie
Brand New Poster

Postby Samie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:55 pm

Did the 10 day Dificid. All during this time I had mushy with some formed. PCP did a test 4 days after and it was negative. The result arrived last night. Today, gas, cramping and now taking miralax! Seeing him tomorrow and going to ask if we should continue and go with a taper. See what falls out tomorrow morning. This is my 4th round about. All previously has been vanco. Dificid is hard on the stomach, but I can handle it better than today. No way will I go for a FMT, I have read too much negative results and people having to have it again in a year.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Samie, sorry to hear you had so many relapses

I am surprised, I thought FMT was very successful? I read on UCSD website that can be close to 100% success rate if multiple methods are used such as colonoscopy and Upper GI tract see the following report:
https://health.ucsd.edu/medinfo/nursing ... ion%20.pdf
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”