3 Day Rule

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Ann775
New User

3 Day Rule

Postby Ann775 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 am

I’m a 34 year old female. I was diagnosed with c.diff mid-February. My symptoms started 3 weeks after taking clindamycin. My symptoms consisted of urgency 3-4x times a day either mushy or watery for two weeks before I went to the doctor to be tested. I was always much worse in the morning and it would subside by the afternoon/evening. My test results came back positive and I was treated with vancomycin for 10 days. 4 days in to vancomycin I started having regular-ish stools 1-2x a day. I have now been off vancomycin since last Sunday and my stools are back to mushy sometimes watery and somedays I go once, somedays 3x. Because my symptoms were not super intense when having c.diff (never had a fever or stomach cramping) How do I know the difference between if I’m relapsing or my body is just re-adjusting? I’m trying to stay so positive but I’m just wondering more about the 3 day rule for cases that were on the mild-end.

Spike
Contributor

Re: 3 Day Rule

Postby Spike » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:30 am

My original sysmptoms where about like yours. However, I had flu like symptoms with mine such as body aches, nausea (very intense) fatigue (couldn't get off couch) and didn't want to eat. I was treated with dificid. I am almost 4 weeks out. For the first 2 weeks my stool went back to what your describing but they never really got normal on the meds but frequency went down. I have gone off of how I am feeling in regards to my flu like symptoms instead of what in the toliet. I still have random bouts of nausea but usually that because of what I eat or trying to introduce something new. I just started a small amount of florastor and it had made a huge difference in the stool department. Maybe give if more time to see if your body natural flora takes over. Easier said than done. I been nervous since coming off meds but trusting my body and trying to stay calm. Try to feed your gut the best your able to tolerate. The healing has been slow for me but thing are getting better. Maybe give your body a little more time to heal unless things get way worse of course call your doctor.

Ann775
New User

Re: 3 Day Rule

Postby Ann775 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Thank you so much for your help. It’s so hard to know if I’m simply healing or relapsing. Such a difficult thing to navigate.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”