Toxin B positive after treatment/ acne

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Eliza7
New User

Toxin B positive after treatment/ acne

Postby Eliza7 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Hey everyone! After having terrible symptoms for 1-2 months that was caused by wrong diagnosis and treatment. I started having D and lots of spasms and gas in my gut. I went threw colonoscopy
Which was perfect, no even inflamination! Although the symptoms wouldn’t stop, I found C Diff in my stool- toxin B . The D wasn’t watery so some doctors said to leave it untreated but I decided to give a try of flagyl for 10 days. Side effects were terrible but after the course my gut felt better no more pain for 5 days. I even went running and was the happiest person. Alothoug after 2 weeks I drank alcohol and had D and gut pain exactly like before treatment. I checked stool and it was toxin B pos! I don’t have D anymore and my pain gets better, although my gut feels uncomfortable and I feel weak and tired...
The doctor said to do 10 days of Vanco treatment if I think I have illness, not sure if my tiredness is cause of harm that caused flagyl or it is c diff that stayed untreated fully ... What do you think should I give vanco a try?
Also I have acne for past 6 months that never had before !! Did anyone had acne because of c diff?!!!
Did acne stop after you have get rid of the infection ?

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Toxin B positive after treatment/ acne

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Hello Eliza,
Hope you are better now, did you take the Vanco? How are you now
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:35 am

If you are toxin B positive and frequent runny stool , you should treat . Also , try to maintain a clean , easy to digest ,healthy diet, during and after you finish the course of meds.Anyone who is in early CDiff recovery and is drinking alcohol should get his/hers head checked!!

Eliza7
New User

Postby Eliza7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:08 pm

Ali-Mar wrote:
> Hello Eliza,
> Hope you are better now, did you take the Vanco? How are you now

Thank you so much, I did not take Vanco yet as I’ve got my results on CDiff and it was negative, but other test shows that I have ‘toxin B positive’. I will redo a test on toxins again tmrw and see if I still have toxins I might take a course on vanco. I have kind of formed stool 3 times a day, I have a Pain in my stomach sometimes. I eat vegetables and fruits as well.

Since I am from Russia, cdiff is not popular and lots of doctors say to leave it untreated if it didn’t cause colits, and treat it with probiotics ( who had c diff will understand that is stupid advice)
. Lots of doctors recommend me anti depressants instead.( I leave those doctors) But I see from that website that it’s absolutely normal that people couldn’t fight infection from the first course of flagyl.

So my next step would be tested again on toxins and visit good gastroenterologist, she told me to take vanco after toxin b was found but I wanted to give it a time and test one more time :)

Eliza7
New User

Postby Eliza7 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:17 pm

georgina wrote:
> If you are toxin B positive and frequent runny stool , you should treat .
> Also , try to maintain a clean , easy to digest ,healthy diet, during and
> after you finish the course of meds.Anyone who is in early CDiff recovery
> and is drinking alcohol should get his/hers head checked!!

Thank you! It means a lot that I got reply! Really I was alone in this journey as even my parents thought that cdiff is nothing that can cause symptoms.

I have formed stools 3 times a day. So that’s why I am not sure if I should treat with serious antibiotic. I will retest again tomorrow. My only issue are pain and spasm in my stomach. ( i did a colonoscopy and endoscopy and it was perfectly fine ) so I think is cdiff that is causing it!
Thank you I try to eat healthy, I didn’t know about alcohol. Thought cliff will never come back after antibiotics :(

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:41 am

Yes, unfortunately c diff can come back after antibiotics. It did for me back in 2016. I too, had positive PCR, but negative EIA. I did not treat and it got better on it's own. My doctor told me to take Pepto Bismol if I had a bad day and I would do that if that happened. I found the more vanco I took when I first had c diff, the more relapses I had and the more good bacteria that it killed. I had to have FMT as a result. If you are having formed stools and able to eat vegetables and fruit, that is very good. Make sure you tell your doctor this before you take medication to treat.

Eliza7
New User

Postby Eliza7 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:30 pm

beth22 wrote:
> Yes, unfortunately c diff can come back after antibiotics. It did for me
> back in 2016. I too, had positive PCR, but negative EIA. I did not treat
> and it got better on it's own. My doctor told me to take Pepto Bismol if I
> had a bad day and I would do that if that happened. I found the more vanco
> I took when I first had c diff, the more relapses I had and the more good
> bacteria that it killed. I had to have FMT as a result. If you are having
> formed stools and able to eat vegetables and fruit, that is very good.
> Make sure you tell your doctor this before you take medication to treat.

Thank you for sharing! Where are your from? I don’t think in Russia they even have FMT as an option . No doctors ever told me about it, but of course I would travel to do it. But I feel like doctors don’t think it’s necessary... Do you think FMT was worth it? As antibiotics are very harsh on the gut:( and just living with feeling to have a baby and feel your bowel is not that fun!
I am on the stage where I want to try to cure myself with naturopath ... do you think is crazy idea? I am ready to keep any diet , healthy lifestyle juts in order to treat it

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 pm

I live in the US. If you are having formed stools, you probably don't need to treat and seeing a naturopath probably won't hurt if he/she can counsel you on good diet. Just be careful with taking supplements. Probiotics can be helpful, but I know naturopaths sometimes try to sell you a lot of other supplements. FMT is a last option if other things don't work. It doesn't sound as if you are anywhere near that. Give yourself some time for your intestines to heal and eat things that agree with you - try to avoid spicy, a lot of fiber, dairy for some people like me.

Eliza7
New User

Postby Eliza7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:25 am

beth22 wrote:
> I live in the US. If you are having formed stools, you probably don't need
> to treat and seeing a naturopath probably won't hurt if he/she can counsel
> you on good diet. Just be careful with taking supplements. Probiotics can
> be helpful, but I know naturopaths sometimes try to sell you a lot of other
> supplements. FMT is a last option if other things don't work. It doesn't
> sound as if you are anywhere near that. Give yourself some time for your
> intestines to heal and eat things that agree with you - try to avoid spicy,
> a lot of fiber, dairy for some people like me.

My results for toxins came back negative on 25tgh day after the treatment, after 7 days toxin B was positive, but the growing of c diff was Negative even on the 7th day post treatment.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 am

I too was positive for toxin A for a very long time but did not treat because i did not have classic symptoms (D,frequency).

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”