Symptoms are back

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Symptoms are back

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:29 pm

So I’m on the vanco taper and only a few pills left.. I started having bad cramps the other day .. then last night the belching and heart palps started again and I just had D with mucous .. shouldn’t things be getting better or be gone? Why would I start all over again with the same symptoms

roy
Administrator

Re: Symptoms are back

Postby roy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Belching comes from the stomach not the colon.
It's not a symptom of c.diff
The stomach is about 20 foot from the colon, also C.diff can not survive in the stomach.
C.diff living in the stomach is like a fish living in a rabbit hutch! just not going to happen!

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 pm

That’s always been a symptom that accompanied my diarrhea and so much pain in the belly and bloating .. all that I have now ..

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:42 am

What dose are you on now? I relapsed when I was on one 250mg a day. It's possible. Call your doctor and report it and see what to do.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:06 am

I’m on 250 ever other day and saw dr yesterday.. he said give it time and to finish the next week n day of pills and to test in 2 months! That’s a long time if I have symptoms.. I’m sure I’ll end up going to my reg dr and asking for one if I have anymore D at that time .. cramps and the need to go is why I’m up before my alarm most days.. i just don’t feel like I should be going D everyday now after it was just normal for the most part until yesterday.. I’d have it when lowering a dose but that didnt really happen when going down to every other day as much as it did the other times.. Im bloated and feel like I could go again and I have to leave for work .. I asked about relapse .. he said is it possible yes.. is it likely no.. he said has been doing this a longtime and it’s rare he sees anyone relapse on a long taper .. so I’m trying not to freak out but we’ll see .. I was perfect on one a day when my body finally got used to it after 3 days .. maybe it just takes longer bc it’s so spaced out .. no idea .. I just know I’m over all of this and want to be healthy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”