Would love some reassurance

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Aed
New User

Would love some reassurance

Postby Aed » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 pm

Hello all! I was wondering if I could get some reassurance from you guys. I finished a Vanco taper about 5 months ago, but still have problems that I think are IBS. Some days I don't have D, but most days I have it once a day and not so often I have it twice a day. Does this sound like IBS to you guys or CDiff that never went away? I have seen the 3x day rule for 3 days rule, so that's why I'm thinking IBS? I also had my gallbladder out before all of this happened, so that probably doesn't help either. I have health anxiety from all of this and that has made this really hard.

roy
Administrator

Re: Would love some reassurance

Postby roy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:00 pm

It would be a good idea to get advice from your Dr about diet etc after gall bladder surgery.
Your symptoms sound a lot closer to the after effects of gall bladder removal than they do to c.diff.
Cant diagnose by internet so get it checked out.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:44 am

It does sound like IBS ,and yes , there is a high chance that the IBS can be due to not having your gall bladder.Bowel symptoms including diarrhoea can be produced when excess bile acids are present in the colon. . You need to see your doctor about that . Have you tried a binding agent ? Questran is often used as a bile acid binder and usually works quite well.

Aed
New User

Postby Aed » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:09 am

Yes, I have tried it a couple times, but it makes me nauseous. I might try cutting the dose down. Thank you both!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Aed,
Questran is also used as a medication to treat c diff altho it has a low cure rate - about 10 percent. It worked for my younger son who had c diff twice as a child. During his first episode (he was 4), he was treated with oral Vanco - one of the first and the youngest.pmto be on it.

Worth a Shot!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”