Trying to remain calm

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
PatmanMI
New User

Trying to remain calm

Postby PatmanMI » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm

Background: currently 34yo
Had cdiff in Feb/Mar 2015 treated with Flagyl (2 rounds of 14 days to beat it)
Had c diff last year in Feb 2019 treated with vanco (1 round of 4x10) (Feb is not my favorite month anymore)

I was doing really well until Saturday (4 days ago), it started getting very loose to almost no form. Sunday was ok, formed and lower amount as I took it easy on my belly. Monday started ok, and had 2 times that were back to no form (lumpy pile). This morning was same, started ok, then second time I went it was lumpy pile. I had a GI visit that was yearly scheduled and I was super nervous for, which I'm hoping is the real culprit behind this whole ordeal (have extremely bad IBS-D without meds, life long). They gave me an order for a c diff test but I'm hoping to not need it, and it set off a panic attack for me. I'm mostly looking for hope that it likely is stress/something I ate/toddler bringing back something from school she didn't even catch, and not a 3rd battle with c diff.

I appreciate all responses, thank you.

Caligirl
Contributor

Re: Trying to remain calm

Postby Caligirl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose, but to me your symptoms don't sound like c diff. There are stomach bugs going around and the anxiety that this disease causes can definitely lead to gut issues. You didn't say that you've had watery D or bad pain, which are typically the main symptoms of C Diff. I had very loose BMs for a couple days in a row this week, I realized that for some reason a ranch dip that I had didn't agree with me. Loose BMs are very different than the non-stop watery D that accompanies C Diff.

PatmanMI
New User

Postby PatmanMI » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Thanks Caligirl,

I do have cramping and bloating, but they are not consistent and more uncomfortable than painful. I've been trying to walk a bit tonight too in hopes of burping out a bit of gas. I also hope/think it is food related as Thursday night I had McDonald's hot cakes. I haven't had any watery BMs, I did have some that was mostly mucus today only but I think it's related to a fissure/hemmy this last few days has caused. It was nothing like a true watery movement tho as I experienced with the infections. I just have to get my anxiety under control

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am

Please post graphic descriptions under TMI.
Thank you!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”