Freaking out

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Freaking out

Postby hledgess » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Ok so I’m concerned and not sure what to do.. so if u don’t know my back story I had it 2 times in 2015.. then randomly got it again in dec of this year. Was getting better but then got a UTI.. took 6 pills and had to go back on vanco full force .. I’m on day three of not eating much .. yesterday had to hold my poo for hours bc I was in meetings .. when I got home and could go I was shaking and my muscles hurt.. I only ate crackers n fell asleep early .. didn’t eat when I got up without eating I had to go again but it was small and formed still but the last pieces were an orange color .. well I ate some yogurt and I thought I just had to pass gas and I realized I had to go.. it was bright orange diarrhea.. it stained the bowl red .. I’m freaking out now.. I’ve been so tired and weak since I held it in last night .. and still so tired and weak with D now.. I am on vanco 3x/day right now .. I just don’t know what to do

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Freaking out

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:19 pm

I "feel" for you but cannot offer medical advice except to say call your doc and follow his/her advice.

We can give u emotional support. Keep posting. C diff is such a devastating lonely disease.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:46 pm

Most people who have c.diff cant "hold their poo" for 5 seconds!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:07 pm

I can only most heartily second what Roy said.
If it was c diff you would be going in your pants!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:22 am

Like Bobbie said, call your doctor and ask. Some people get looser stools with vanco. I could no longer tolerate dairy. It gave me D. It could have been the yogurt you ate.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:51 am

Yea I’m in vanco still.. it’s so odd bc sometimes I feel like it’s working and I’ll have a normal stool .. but like that day I had D later and D yesterday.. and you’re right it’s a very lonely disease and no one understands.. and it’s frustrating bc I was better and hungry and had normal stool u til I had to take amoxicillin.. I’ve not been right barely a day since I stopped it even and that was last Sunday.. having to start the vanco taper for 5 more weeks sucks .. I’ve also read taper can cause resistance.. and pulse is better but my dr hasn’t said anything so I will ask.. thank you for those replying.. and I understand some ppl have D that they can’t hold.. but for whatever reason it wasn’t D yet and was later and the next day.. my bish tends to go back and forth this week

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:27 am

I agree with roy. When I had an active infection there really wasn't any way I could hold it in. It was difficult making it from the bedroom to the bathroom, which only took about 15 seconds. The fact that you were able to hold it in for hours is probably a good sign.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:39 am

Ever since that day I’ve felt sick though .. I had D the next day and then pencil thin stool with stomach pain.. been forcing myself to eat small amounts of things lately .. I was back to eating a lot so it sucks I went backward ..

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Anxiety can also make your gut crazy. You know there is a brain- gut connection. The more you worry and obsess over every BM the more likely you are to have d and/ problem with your stools. Have you considered counseling to help you cope with all the stress this illness is causing you? I believe I have suggested this in the past. Many people seek help because c diff has disrupted their lives so terribly.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am

roy wrote:
> Most people who have c.diff cant "hold their poo" for 5 seconds!
Agreed Roy. I know this is TMI but I lost it in the shower, on the way to the commode on our tile floor and had no control. When I went to the ER they had an iv on rollers and spent most of that visit in the bathroom passing blood. I’m almost a year out and can’t believe I ever went through it, almost like a bad dream now.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”