Amoxicillin for kidney infection and beginning of D and mucous

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Amoxicillin for kidney infection and beginning of D and mucous

Postby hledgess » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi guys so I know I’ve posted a lot lately .. I am on amoxicillin for a UTI that apparently went to my kidney bc I was nauseous, and my back hurt on the left side and didn’t have an appetite and chills.. so the dr said I should treat .. I was fine yesterday and had a normal bm but today I had a pile and looked like a drop of mucous (which I’ve only ever had when I’ve had really hard stool) so I’m currently freaking out .. I do take vanco along with it and haven’t stopped vanco bc I was down to one a day, the dr just upped the dose is all. My question is how would I know if it’s actually c diff again? And would need to worry.. or could it be bc Ik amoxicillin causes hi issues on its own .. has anyone been where I’m at? And what did u do about it? Stop the abx and did it go away? Or keep taking it to smear the other infection? Would that make c diff worse if it was that? I’m so confused

roy
Administrator

Re: Amoxicillin for kidney infection and beginning of D and mucous

Postby roy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:50 pm

While your on the vanco c.diff would not multiply and become a problem.
Once you finish vanco the damage caused by amoxy might leave you open to c.diff for up to 3 months.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: Amoxicillin for kidney infection and beginning of D and mucous

Postby hledgess » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:35 pm

So maybe it’s just a side effect of the amoxicillin for now? Bc I’ve gone 3 times now.. Just really put a fear in me bc I just had more D

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”