Negative Stool Test Finally—Still Sick Need Help

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ChrisD
Regular User

Negative Stool Test Finally—Still Sick Need Help

Postby ChrisD » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:30 pm

So, I am 12 weeks post Dificid. Posted my story in other areas and am thankful for all the responses. My symptoms have been up and down, will have a few good days, then things get soft and then watery. I take Imodium and then things get better for a few days. My doctor wanted me to retest as a precaution and my results are negative for the first time since July. He believes that I am still dealing with the remnants of IBS. In the past few months I have tried Questran (gave me horrible gas and cramps and didn’t really help the movements) and amitryptaline which I still take. I’ve been Gluten and dairy free since July and have not had red meat. Wondering if others have tried other meds that have helped. I’ve tried taking pepto before meals and it doesn’t really help.

As always I am thankful for all of the help and support.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Negative Stool Test Finally—Still Sick Need Help

Postby georgina » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:52 am

A few months ago i've found one antispasmodic that works very well , Trimebutin, it's the best i've tried so far and i'm sticking to it . I do not know if you have it in America , ask your doctor if he has any knowledge about this drug .

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:30 am

The one medication that helped me for IBS was Levsin. I took it for months post CDIFF and still on and off. Diet is very important, I find there are still things I cannot tolerate years later. I try a small amount at a time and if it works, great.

NanciT

ChrisD
Regular User

Postby ChrisD » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Just to be more specific..what happens to me is that immediately after I eat I get a lot of pain and cramps all over my stomach. I am not sure if this would be a spasm, but I start feeling pressure and pain in my rectum and then I go. It happens minutes after I eat. Unlike when CDIFF was really bad, I typically go 3 times a day.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”