That time of month and worse symptoms?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

That time of month and worse symptoms?

Postby hledgess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:01 am

Hi I have posting a lot lately as I was re dx years later and things are different some each time .. so I just started my second week taper of 250 3/ day.. I haven’t had an appetite since wed .. I ended up being advised to go to the Er for fluids n an exam by my GI.. after released I realized I had started my period.. can symptoms become worse while on it or right before it bc it was the day before I had no appetite the couldn’t sleep bc I was woke up to go to the bathroom .. each time my heart goes fast until I go and while I go and sometimes after and I feel nauseous.. today I finally ate a banana and had to run to the bathroom for D.. not much even came out and was painful.. I also way asked if I could relapse while on it and the overall was no.. so can periods make things 100x worse for us girls?

MeliMel
Regular User

Re: That time of month and worse symptoms?

Postby MeliMel » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Since my first diagnosis in November, I have found symptoms are worse before and during my monthly. I felt extra awful as my first relapse started, my monthly was also on it's way. While I was in the hospital and started back on treatment my period did come and it was rough. I am finishing my cycle now and once again the last couple of days were a little rougher than usual. So for me personally, yes I would say my cycle increases the severity of abdominal cramps (understandable) and changes bowel movements a little.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: That time of month and worse symptoms?

Postby hledgess » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Thank you for responding .. I haven’t had an appetite in three days and I started yesterday afternoon and had to go D twice before leaving the house .. just forced myself to eat oatmeal and I feel terrible but I work soon tonight til late and I need energy .. just hoping I don’t have to go again

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”