Hope you can help

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
andy2007
Regular User

Hope you can help

Postby andy2007 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:07 am

Hi
I posted about my condition last week in another thread.
I am on the final day of vanco (day ten) I have formed stools every time, but it seems like the more times I eat meals the more I go throughout the day.
The last two days I have gone about five or six times. Sometimes it is just a little, sometimes more, but it is well formed and softish. Sometimes just small thin pieces.
I'm beginning to worry if this is normal because of the frequency..
I have stuck to a bland diet for the most part, but have tried a couple of things these last two days like some steak and noodles. This was an attempt to put some weight back on. Lol. Maybe that is why.

Anyone have any experience with this pattern of going so often. Before the c.diff I did have ibs and often went two or three times a day but never this much.

Andrew

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Hope you can help

Postby NanciT » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:10 am

Hello Andrew

As you complete Vanco, things can be all over the place. It will take time for the gut to heal and return to "normal" BM's. Give it time and if things start to turn to D several times a day see your MD.

Beef is very difficult to digest, stick with bland for awhile which can help with the healing. Start adding slowly and eat small amounts as you test food during this time. It can take time

Hang in there, let your gut heal

Take Care

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

Vanco gave me more frequency after initial symptoms got better. When I stopped, I went fewer times.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 am

After Cdiff your gut remains irritated , only time and diet will heal it . If you are not keeping a diet , you might wanna start doing that . Some people have abnormal stool consistency , other have more frequency , others have cramps , gas etc. Some people have more IBS symptoms because of too much probiotics , or because they don't tolerate yogurt or kefir.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”