Question if anyone has had this 3 times and been cured without FMT

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Question if anyone has had this 3 times and been cured without FMT

Postby hledgess » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:18 pm

I was just curious if anyone on here has had 3 occuranxes like myself and been cured after vanco? FMTs kinda freak me out a bit so I’m hoping the vanco taper does the trick.. but I’m curious how many people have had success without it after so many times

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Question if anyone has had this 3 times and been cured without FMT

Postby NanciT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 pm

I did not have different occurrences, I had 5 relapses during the year I had CDIFF, at the time in 2014-2015 the FDA put restrictions on FMT's and I had to wait 4 months to see a GI who would do one.
I was on a Dificid taper when I finally saw him, completed the taper and did not need the FMT. If I were to get this again, I would go directly to a Dificid taper. The 3 month Vanco taper I was on did not work for me.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: Question if anyone has had this 3 times and been cured without FMT

Postby hledgess » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:05 pm

I asked for dificid and had him fill out the paperwork that Merck said I qualified for and never received anything.. I got worse over the weekend trying to wait so I ended up on the vanco.. than you.. hope it works

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”