False pcr?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
tarap
Regular User

False pcr?

Postby tarap » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Hi everyone. I am almost 7 weeks from my dificid taper. And about 3 or 4 weeks from finishing a zpack. The last three days I have had many watery diahrea (nothing solid ) no appetite and some stomach pain. So I tested. I just got the call that it is negative. Any ideas or suggestions. It did come on sudden I went from solid and few hours later straight water. Could the pcr be a false negative?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: False pcr?

Postby NanciT » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:02 pm

I think a false negative would be rare....just my opinion. Anyone can get D from any antibiotic or any GI bug. There seems to be something going around.

Take it easy and treat it like a flu bug, go bland and lots of fluids. See how you are in a few days, hopefully this will pass

I was sick back in August with GI symptoms for a month( I am 5 years out) went through all the testing, everything was negative. Finally improved, my gut is very sensitive post CDIFF

Hope things improve soon

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”