Vsl 3

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Vsl 3

Postby hledgess » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi so I am on a Facebook site and several have mentioned that vsl 3 was sued for using the wrong formula? I had just ordered it and am taking floraster atm and kefir in between the vanco.. today has been a worse day than usual as I could literally taste the vanco in my constant belching.. I’m 2 weeks in on a 2 month journey of a taper.. but has anyone heard of this about vsl3??? Bc I never have and I heard it was the best to take during active infection.

roy
Administrator

Re: Vsl 3

Postby roy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:44 pm

You should research the legal case regarding vsl3, just Google it!, it's easy enough to find the correct info.

Your on a very hefty dose of vanco for first occourance and are on a tapering course, most probiotics are killed by vanco but be cautious about taking too many, they are untested medication and can cause gi upsets!
Your treatment has been based on test results for several years with little sign of c.diff colitis (active disease).
You might make your symptoms worse if you add too many probiotics to the mix.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 pm

I use the VSL#3. It's not that they are using the wrong formula. Supposedly the man who formulated VSL#3 originally sued because now VSL#3 is lactose free or close to it and the original formula was not. You can still get the original, but it has a different name. I actually like the VSL#3 new formulation because it gives way less gas than the original formula. I ordered my last batch too. However, don't overdo it with probiotics. Too much of them is also not good and can cause GI symptoms. I only take part of a capsule as a maintenance dose. I would start with a low dose and see how it agrees with you.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:31 pm

Roy it’s my 3rd occurance sadly

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”