Questran and Gas Pain

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ChrisD
Regular User

Questran and Gas Pain

Postby ChrisD » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:00 am

All-

Wanted to ask if anyone who has taken Questran experiences horrific gas? I’ve been taking this for about a month and have seen an improvement in my stools and urgency, however the gas and gas pain is really bad. I pas loud gas all day long and it’s awful. Often I mistake the gas pain for needing to go to the bathroom. I’m taking a SIBO breath test next week as I have had gas since this started but it seems much worse on Questran.

As always I appreciate any responses.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Questran and Gas Pain

Postby beth22 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:27 am

My doctor told me that Questran can give a lot of gas for some people. I only took it for a couple of days because I got nauseated from it.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:15 pm

I also get a lot of gas on questran too. I am positive for C diff but have not treated yet so a touch different. Can you play with the dosing. Find where it helps with the stools but may ease the gas pains. That what I had to do. Like a full packet kills me but at a half it better but still helps with the stools? Lots of tummy rubbing in circles helps.

ChrisD
Regular User

Postby ChrisD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 am

Been taking the QUestran a few weeks at this point, for the past 3-4 days I have been having nausea. Does it make sense that I would all of a sudden get nausea weeks after starting this? I think it does help my movements to firm up a bit, but between the horrible gas and now nausea I am thinking about stopping it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:39 am

Can you cut the dose at all? Maybe take half of what you took?

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”