Vanco?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Vanco?

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi so I posted earlier that I just had a positive test.. I asked for difficid and he didn’t listen .. he gave me vanco.. I’m in the process of insisting it the office is closed now .. Merck is sending over a form for it to be free .. but they didn’t see it .. the nurse said it would be best to get on a medicine .. would it be ok to start the vanco and then stop and do the difficid when I can get it? I don’t want to harm my good gut guys.. I picked up floraster today and took one a couple hours ago

roy
Administrator

Re: Vanco?

Postby roy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:10 pm

you might be one of the people that will always test positive, thats another form of normal.
From your very first post it seems your Drs have treated based on test results alone and ignored the lack of typical symptoms so insist on referral to an expert before committing to treatment.

Research has indicated that dificid is only superior if it's used before other c.diff meds.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Sorry to hear you tested positive and your symptoms have persisted. I am one that went through many rounds of medication and the only thing that worked was Dificid. I had been on Vanco for 10 days followed by 3 months on Vanco. I did relapse on the initial 10 days of Dificid. What worked for me was a Dificid taper. There are several on the site that did a 30 day taper.

Wishing you the best

NanciT

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm

I have a friend that did the difficid taper as well.. she had a very strong strain.. and Roy it’s possible but why did I test negative for 4 years? I’m so confused by a of this.. I see my GI tomorrow but thinking I should look into getting an infectious disease dr.. I have sooo many questions bc nothing makes sense at all

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 pm

So bc I had taken flaygl in the past difficid isn’t superior anymore? So I should take the vanco? I don’t want the spores to go into hiding and have to taper that.. I’m hoping to get difficid but it’s taking awhile with my dr.. so I didn’t know if I should start this now or just wait.. so lost and confused.. I just wanna feel ok . I was fine until Saturday it hit me out of nowhere

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”