Positive test 4 years later

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: Positive test 4 years later

Postby D1dad » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:40 am

roy wrote:
> D1dad
> Perfect description of c.diff that needs treating!
> Health anxiety caused by testing is a big problem and is exactly why
> testing should not be done unless symptoms indicate c.diff colitis.
I agree Roy. Had my GI been as neurotic as I was after the initial treatment I probably would still be on an antibiotic 8 months later. He recommended pepto, benefiber and wait and see. I never wanna discount anyone’s well being but I’m pretty sure my doc wouldn’t have even returned my call for anything less than severe diahrrea. When I asked about testing months later his response was “absolutely not”! He indicated that due to my job I probably have been colonized for yrs and that a test would do no more than freak me out and make me seek an urgent care to get the drugs I thought I needed. To this day I thank him for being far stronger than I was.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:10 am

It said positive for toxin B..

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:30 am

PCR amplifies the DNA responsible for toxin B.
It does not detect the actual toxin, just the DNA.
Positive does not mean automaticaly treat if the patient does not have symptoms.
Literally millions of healthy people would test positive for B if they had a PCR test.
Hence the rule of not testing unless symptoms indicate c.diff.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:58 pm

My GI thought my D and other symptoms were bad enough to treat .. bc he’s one that does not treat the test

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Not going to argue with you and it’s not up to me but I don’t see where you actually had d.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:01 pm

3 times Friday.. once or twice other days.. I just found out zofran can cause constipation and I’ve taken that everyday.. no wonder I hurt so bad and I shake when I feel like I need to but can’t .. the toxins probably need to come out .. I’m sorry but what else soul would it be if the tested needed for everything and it feels the same as the other two times? I’m so sick I can’t work and it’s been 9 days now

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:32 am

Then treat it. You know your body more than anyone else. I just know that when I had cdiff it was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced in my life. I needed 9 staples in my head on Xmas eve 2 yrs ago and it wasn’t until my wife got home from shopping, 3hrs later that I finally went to the hospital. I obviously hate drs and hospitals. When I had cdiff, after passing blood on the 9th day, I drove myself to the Er while my family was a sleep. I literally thought I was maybe gonna die. I’m not saying your not sick because somethings not right, but I just know from my own experience that the cure bordered on being as bad the disease and I wouldn’t be quick to take the crap that’s prescribed to beat it for anything less than awful diarrhea.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:45 pm

Yea I get we all present with different symptoms .. but things are starting to be not as bad as before I took the medicine .. I can finally get up and I can eat.. drs couldn’t find anything else and I did have D and a positive stool.. I have a friend rn that just relapsed and her symptoms are dramatic either .. but I do believe I caught it early as I know my body well.. sorry you had to go through all of that

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Good luck to you. I’m not quite sure why you asked for advice here when you already made up your mind what you was wrong and what you were going to do, but it’s your body and your choice so I wish you the best.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:49 pm

My question was about zofran and what to do since it’s been 4 years since I’ve had it

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”