Advice on Child thaty may have CDIFF

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ChrisD
Regular User

Advice on Child thaty may have CDIFF

Postby ChrisD » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:14 pm

All-

I have been posting on this site for several months as I am battling CDIFF and P-IBS. Over the past 2 weeks my 9 year old son started having really bad stomach symptoms, running to bathroom after meals, stomach aches, and generally not feeling well. He is going 4-5 times a day mushy unformed stools with urgency. We have a doctors appointment on Thursday and I am assuming they will stool test. I am broken up over this as the thought that my little kid contracted this hideous disease from me. He already has challenges as he has really bad ADHD and this on top of it is going to be terrible. Of course the anxiety over this has sent me into a spiral and is effecting my symptoms but at this point all I want is my kid to get better. If he does have it what should I do? I have heard that young kids should not be treated unless its very severe, which it doesn't seem to be. I do not want to load him up on antibiotics and destroy his stomach they way mine has been gutted. Any advice will be appreciated.

Chris

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Advice on Child thaty may have CDIFF

Postby Bobbie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:26 pm

Chris, take your son to a pediatrician or better yet a ped GI.

You did not cause this. Dump the guilt. Also, lots of other GI "bugs" out there now. This might not be c diff.

Keep posting.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:45 am

Chris how are you doing? How is your son?

ChrisD
Regular User

Postby ChrisD » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:51 am

Hey-

He is pretty much the same. I gave in a stool sample last week and the doctor will have the results today. His blood tests all came back fine. He is still having loose movements especially after meals. My son has ADHD and started taking medication to help it. The doctor said it may be the meds that are causing the issue but its rare. So we will see.

Thanks for asking.

ChrisD
Regular User

Postby ChrisD » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:39 pm

So it took a week to get the test results of my kids tests. Everything came back fine, however he is still having watery movements multiple times a day. Looks like we are going to have to go to a pediatric gastro after the new year. We started him on Florostar but after a few days things were much worse so we are going to stop it. My stomach has been all over the place as well but my focus has shifted to him. My wife is a wreck over this because of all the challenges we have had with his ADHD which we finally are starting to see progress on. Just don’t know what to do.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”