New Here. Diagnosed. Feel Lost

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
roy
Administrator

Re: New Here. Diagnosed. Feel Lost

Postby roy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Many Drs have told you that you dont need treating.
Probably time to accept their advice!
If you develop watery D go back to your Dr.
A while back another poster described her symptoms as " an involuntary waterfall flowing from my butt 20 times a day"
THATS typical c.diff D!

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:14 pm

Roy,
I am trying to still wrap my head around this. My 1st primary wanted to treat it but agree to wait and see what happens. She had no idea about c diff and looked up in the computer. The first GI I saw never even entertained the idea or wanted to talk about if it was c diff causing my symptoms. He thought it was pancretitis and when it wasnt that he dropped me like a hot cake after that CAT scan. Couldn't ask anymore question about anything. I never had watery D. Three loose stools at max. I been taken questran to stop those so the only test that positive has been the c diff. I am just seeking a second opinion of a GI because why would I need questran after being on 4 antibiotics (kinda rhetorical question here) kind of thing. I dont know myabe my gut biome is off but like I said no one will to discuss with me why I would have these bowel movements since being sick and that's why I am seeking a second GI doctor. If it is just my intestine taking time to heal I am ok with that but no one had a real conversation with me about this or has offered any advise how to help. I hope that didn't come across rude. I just have a lot of unanswered questions is all.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:50 pm

I understand you are frustrated about not feeling well and not getting answers...but don’t wish c diff on yourself. It is not that - as you don’t have the symptoms and that is the determining factor and you have been told that multiple times. You now have to move on and try to find the real answer. Stick with the questran if that is what helps until you get in to the new GI and hope fresh eyes on your case will see something that has been missed. Btw, not everyone who takes multiple antibiotics gets c diff colitis; in fact, most don’t.
Good luck,
Rita

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:15 pm

Thanks ril,
I do not wish c diff on myself. By the sound of it I don't have an active form of c diff. I do wish I could give each one of you a hug that is dealing with this ugly beast. I will continue to take my meds until I can get a fresh eyes on my case. Until then I will continue to try and heal whatever is causing my symptoms.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:26 am

When I had what was considered low grade c diff, I was told to use Pepto Bismol and it helped me. I only took a small amount with meals. I was not on Questran though, so check with a doctor if you want to try it to see if you can take both.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:00 am

Do try Pepto Bismol . I have ordered some for myself from Amazon , although not the original it was a generic , back in march 2019 and tried it and it helped more then the binding resin.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 am

Beth and Georgia thanks for the suggestion on the pepto. However, I cant take it due to still breast feeding and it is not considered safe with that. I will continue with questran and yogurt/kefir. They seem to be very slowly firming things up. So maybe it just going to take a long time for my gut to heal from whatever plagued it the past 2 months.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”