Clobetasol propionate ointment

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Fish1
Regular User

Clobetasol propionate ointment

Postby Fish1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:50 pm

I have a multi-fold question....A little background first ...before being treated for c-diff I experience heartburn and GERD but wasn’t on meds on a regular basis, just as needed. When I adjusted my diet to deal with c-diff my symptoms went away. Now that I’ve started introducing more foods into my diet, albeit still very restricted, I’ve begun experiencing acid reflux and pain in upper abdomen. My PC doctor prescribed generic Pepcid and it helps my symptoms. I understood by reading several posts that Pepcid is not a c-diff offender. Am I correct I. That understanding? My next question is I also have recently been diagnosed with a autoimmune disease and have been perscribed clobetasol propionate which is a high potency topical ointment. I haven’t been able to find anything about this drug and it’s effect on c-diff. I’m still in the recovery phase as my last vancomycin dose was July 11. Does anyone know about this medication? Also has anyone else had a barrage of illness after c-diff? I am
Also being tested for another auto immune disease called Sjogren’s, because ever since I first came down with c-diff I’ve experienced severe dry eyes and mouth. I know this is a lot I’m asking but I’m really afraid of the c-diff returning and with all the different diagnoses and treatments I’m very nervous. I appreciate your response.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Clobetasol propionate ointment

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 am

I do not know about the medication, but you could ask a pharmacist or your doctor. Pharmacists usually have good information. Regarding the auto-immune diseases, I can say that mine got worse and others have posted that they too got a variety of auto-immune illnesses. Others have said that they caught many more colds and other viruses. I think that the infection really does do something to our immune systems and runs us down. It also depletes many of vital minerals and vitamins. Some need to take supplements in what they are deficient.

Fish1
Regular User

Postby Fish1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01 am

Thank you for your reply Beth22. This medication is a strong corticosteroid used to treat skin conditions. I think I remember reading in the forum that others have taken steroids and been fine but wasn’t sure about the cortisone in the meds.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:03 pm

I have relatively severe eczema just on my ankle and was prescribed clobetasol ointment by my dermatologist about 6 months ago. I am just about 4 years post infection. Both the dermatologist and pharmacist were not concerned and I did not have issues. However, I did only use a small dab for a 2 week stretch.

Fish1
Regular User

Postby Fish1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:00 pm

I have to use it for about three weeks at least on a larger area than you describe anxious3. Hoping it doesn’t cause any c diff issues. I’m so sick of worrying about this stuff. You get through the treatment and then Have to worry about antibiotics and other things that may bring it back. I have had all kinds of things going on in my system during recovery and I think I must be a magnet for auto Immune diseases. I think the disease and or meds to treat must compromise the system, maybe not in everyone but seems like in my case, or maybe these things were laying dormant in my body and because resistance is low they just took advantage and struck. At least I can eat now. Silver lining

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”