Please Help!!!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
MeliMel
Regular User

Re: Please Help!!!

Postby MeliMel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Each time I had the Salmonella by the time the results came in I was already starting to feel somewhat better. I do have D although it's not numerous times a day. When I do BM it's either mush or D. Sorry for the TMI. I wrote my PCP asking her to contact me but so far no luck. So hard knowing the right thing to do.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:52 pm

I would compare it to taking a pain killer today because you had a headache last week!

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:23 pm

Good point! Hate when doctors prescribe prior to there even being results.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 pm

I know people who had salmonella and their doctors said to not treat. I think it goes away on its own in most cases, so unless the person's immune system is compromised or has other issues, or perhaps has a bad case, it is not treated with antibiotics.

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 pm

The first time I got Salmonella I swear I was starting to feel better by the time my PCP started me on Levaquin the first time. I just don't want to take a ZPack if not needed. I already feel bad enough with only 2 days left of Vanco. Eating is still difficult. I tried the Plant Based Ensure last night so far my stomach seems to take it down well. Food on the other hand not so much. I have gotten thin and quickly.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 am

A long time ago , i too had Salmonella. I rememeber that i had two days of vomiting and WD several times per day. By the third day , when the culture results came back , i was already starting to feel better . Even though i was given a prescription for Ciprofloxacin , i decided that i will not take and just keep a very bland diet and a take a binding agent (Diosmectite , don't know if you have that there) , and i was right , after those three days it went away on it's own.

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Well! All of my stool tests came back from ER, retest for Salmonella and a few other bacterias were Negative. So glad I didn't take that ZPack! I took my last Vanco this afternoon and am feeling nervous for what's to come.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:20 am

Hopefully a return to good health will come. You might want to continue probiotics for a while.

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 am

Do you suggest double dosing on the probiotics?

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:45 pm

A double dose of probiotics is more likely to worsen GI symptoms than it is to help with them. I'd stick with your usual dose.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Ah okay! Since my last Vanco I have noticed the stomach pain has lessened (knock on wood). Still not having formed stools, but I didn't throughout Vanco treatment. TMI but it's like mush that falls to the bottle of the toilet. Difficult to look at due to the bit of colored water.

Caligirl
Contributor

Postby Caligirl » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:02 pm

How have the last few days gone? I hope that your body is recovering well!

MeliMel
Regular User

Postby MeliMel » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Everything seemed to have been going well! Yesterday as well as the day before my BM started to form more and more. Was having a BM 3-5 times a day but soft formations. Last night brought some nausea. My stomach made noises throughout the night and minor aches that has continued. I've only had 1 BM so far today and it wasn't much, barely formed. Kinda nervous, this was how I felt in the beginning of CDiff. My experience was a little different as I mostly had constipation.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”