Experiences with Dificid..need help

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
AngelaB
New User

Re: Experiences with Dificid..need help

Postby AngelaB » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:37 pm

That's the thing that frustrates me too, not knowing if it is the active c-diff or something else the dr. might have missed. What are the symptoms of SIBO? Are they the same as C-diff? I have a lot of pain in my sides (almost feels like a side stitch you get from running too much). I will be a week past the last Dificid pill on Monday and I am very nervous. I am even worried about taking advil for pain in that it might cause me to have a relapse!

AngelaB

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Experiences with Dificid..need help

Postby Ril » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:44 pm

Chris, as Roy told you I would also be reluctant to test this close to active disease as you will likely get a false positive and be in worse shape.
It is not surprising that IBS is different and worse now than in the past. You can’t compare symptoms so don’t let that throw you. My PI IBS is way worse than what I had in years before. Those flares were temporary and this is like past IBS on steroids even 7 years later. My GI is not surprised and continues to work with me. It does get better in time but is frustrating and the first few months up to a year is the worst.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”