Dealing with Exhaustion

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
lunasdad
Regular User

Dealing with Exhaustion

Postby lunasdad » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Ive been posting in some of the other forums about this monster and how its effecting me. My biggest issue now, aside from upset stomach and bouts of D, is just how horrible my overall health is feeling. I am so tired and run down 7 weeks after treatment. The foggy brain and body aches have not gone away and I am not sure what to do. My blood work came back normal but I just cannot seem to shake this horrible feeling.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dealing with Exhaustion

Postby NanciT » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:55 pm

It takes time. I used "Sea Bands " for the nausea and still use them on and off today.
I had to change my entire mindset, I had never been that ill and in my case I had CDIFF for a year. The year following I still had a rough time, the Dificid had caused me alot of issues ( I was on it 3 months) so I had to reach for things I never did.
I worked on getting more sleep, started relaxation techniques when I got home from work, tried to increase protein in my diet and anything else I could think of.
It was a journey and one I will never forget. My big focus was to put it behind me and the days I felt good I was very grateful for. I had never appreciated the good health I had until this illness.
Just know you need time and allow yourself to have that.

Take Care

NanciT

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:51 pm

You might not want to hear this, but 7 weeks is not a long time - for many of us. I had a much longer and rough recovery and used to call my GI’s office asking if I would ever feel normal again. There are likely 7 year old posts from me on these boards. As frustrating as I know it is there will be an end in site eventually. Time frames vary for everyone. NanciT gave you some great suggestions. I drank a lot of herb tea, sports drinks work, eggs and grilled chicken and fish for protein and peanut butter and jam. As she said rest and sleep when possible. Although I love to read, I had trouble concentrating for long periods so binge watched Netflix and the like which allowed me to lay down and relax and rest.
It’s frustrating but try to have patience. You will get better.
Rita

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Did your blood work include vitamin levels?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:40 am

You should definitely check you vitamin and minerals levels . Most of us ,including myself ,were deficient in Vit D.

lunasdad
Regular User

Postby lunasdad » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am

Starting to feel really hopeless. Was sick all night and this morning with pain and had 2 loose bowel movements. Sitting in my office now holding back a massive stomach attack. Eliminated so many foods and nothing seems to help. I cut out the probiotics to see if that would help and it has not. So tired of all of this. Worst few months of my life and I just don't feel like I am getting better. Sorry to vent but its all I can do to not scream and cry in front of my kids.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:21 am

As Beth and Georgina mentioned, review your lab and make sure Vit D and minerals were checked, these are not routine tests. My Vit D was way down and I also had issues with low potassium which made me feel very sick.

If your GI thinks this is Post IBS there are medications for it. I went on Levsin and found it helped. You mentioned your current diet, I went very bland and STILL DO when the IBS flares up.

It takes time for some of us

Hang in there

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”