GAS 3 MONTHS AFTER ANTIBIOTIC

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
momo123
Regular User

GAS 3 MONTHS AFTER ANTIBIOTIC

Postby momo123 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 am

Hi everyone,

I guess I could be posting in the success story section bc I am symptom free of cdiff. I have had one D episode last weekend only 2 times WD but I am thinking it was the food I ate. But I just wanted to know I was feeling GREAT for the most part all symptoms were gone besides some gas and soft stools some times but no D. The last few days I have had really bad gas no smell (TMI) but I feel like I have air in my stomach .. Is this a part of recovery ? or Post IBS? I dont feel bad or anything. I went from going once a day with hardly any gas at all stopped the pepto for over a month and now I feel a little off not bad just some urgency but never D THANK THE LORD. I want to say I am a CDIFF survivor but I dont want to get my hopes up its been 3 months exactly since my last round of dificid. I had one D episode after that around the 20th of July. i felt great after that I could eat anything drink my wine and all. still not spicy food or grease tho. Could this just be IBS? I guess I am asking what symptoms do you guys that have post IBS have?

momo123
Regular User

Re: GAS 3 MONTHS AFTER ANTIBIOTIC

Postby momo123 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:35 am

ALSO I HAVE BEEN VERY BLOATED FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS,, LIKE I FEEL LIKE I AM 5 MONTHS PREGNANT. I HAVE USED THE BATHROOM 3 TIMES THIS MORNING ALL SOFT BUT FORMED. IS THIS IBS SYMPTOMS AS WELL .. NO PAIN OR ANYTHING

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:49 am

I suffer from SIBO, which is a type of IBS - overgrowth in the small intestine and the symptoms you describe are SIBO symptoms as well. If it continues, talk to your GI about it, but meanwhile maybe try not to eat foods that tend to cause a lot of gas. Some posters have taken digestive enzymes that helped them or taken herbal teas. There is also a product out there called IBGard that is OTC that is supposed to help with IBS. It is pepperming based. Again, ask your GI what he/she would recommend.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 am

Great thank you Beth... i notice when i eat less and not get full the gas is better or a lot of fiber it gets worse. I’ll speak with my GI DOC ON my follow up appt.. thanks again

Rusty S
Regular User

Postby Rusty S » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Just FYI: I'm on month 23 of recovery and still have more gas than pre C Diff. Could be the new mix of flora; could be that I'm still taking Florastor; but it's worse when I feel worse and better when I feel better. Seems to come with the territory.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:01 am

Probiotics generally do give more gas. I could not take Florastor at all - enough gas to send up a hot air balloon! It also gave me looser stools. I take just a small amount of a probiotic. If I take more, I get terrible gas too.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”