Took a stool test which came back positive, but very mild symptoms

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Took a stool test which came back positive, but very mild symptoms

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:08 am

Thx for the thx. Glad u are doing well.

soundp
New User

Postby soundp » Wed May 26, 2021 2:57 am

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to log back in to let you know how this (hopefully) ended.
So it took me almost 2 years to get back to 90%. Now I'm at a point where my stool is back to normal (TMI: both color and consistency). The only remnants from the infection are higher lactose intolerance and sensitivity to eggs. Other than that, everything is on track.

Apart from the discouragingly inconsistent stools, most of my issues were actually related to silent reflux and a sore throat as a result. I eventually got a gastroscopy (they've found some irritation) and they've put me on a PPI for a month and a half. No side effects during or after the course. By scouring the internet I've developed a very very bad view about PPIs and medical procedures in general, but eventually (and luckily) I bit the bullet and went on with the check-ups and the medicine.

I've tried all sorts of things during these 2 years, but ultimately what I think helped the most is time. So if you're out of the thick of it, put a date in your calendar 2 years from now, and push through the ups and downs. The worst thing, as many can confirm, is the psychological aspect and not so much the physical symptoms.

Thank you once more to all the people who helped, and who are still active in the forum. You are keeping the lights on for many people.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Thanks for posting your update. I'm glad you are doing better and your post will give hope to others who are still struggling.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Sun May 30, 2021 1:31 am

Thanks, SoundP, did you take any medication for the C Diff 2 years ago?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”