I’m worried about my job

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Nichole
New User

I’m worried about my job

Postby Nichole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:37 am

I work at a grocery store as a sacker and want to go to college. But with my luck and sensitive stomach I won’t be able to because of this...I am almost 22 and use my middle name as my profile. Is there anyone that I can talk to that can help me feel better about this condition and be positive about getting over it?Like email, skype, etc. Especially because my 56 year old sickly aunt with brain injuries won’t let me be alone...
I am 21 years and my favorite color is purple, I love reading, and I am a Christian so I will respond to religious comments. But I will respect everyone that respects me as a person with feelings. Thanks.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: I’m worried about my job

Postby georgina » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 am

Welcome to the site , although is not entirely clear to me if you are dealing with Cdiff or just a sensitive stomach as you mentioned. Have you been recently diagnosed? Are you under a doctors care?Are you taking any treatments? You must give us more details.

Nichole
New User

Postby Nichole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 am

I have been diagnosed and I am on metropronole 500 mg. I am under a Nurse practitioner care. I live in a small town of 10,000 about.
I am 21 years and my favorite color is purple, I love reading, and I am a Christian so I will respond to religious comments. But I will respect everyone that respects me as a person with feelings. Thanks.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 am

You need to explain how your symptoms are and how long you have been suffering.
If you dont have profuse watery D you dont need to isolate or stay off work.
The drug is Metronidazol also known as Flagyl.
It's not the best but it does work for some people.

Nichole
New User

Postby Nichole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 am

It’s just been about a month before it’s was caught by random testing done for being near a pond. But I feel like this often but never think to go to the doctor because it’s probably my sensitive stomach I’ve had since birth. I have nausea most often, the excessive bowel movements a lot, the incontinence for awhile, and the weird smelling thing on and off for years. I just got lucky in identifying these symptoms cause for this time now. I’m just worried that I will lose my job because I handle groceries and had to take off for a week or two. And who knows how long I’ve had this because no one ever tested it.but I’ve been on the medication for about a week now and still having trouble. I wonder if those past incidents were this before?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 am

Testing positive does not mean you have it as a disease.
If you have been sick for a long time it might be coincidental that you also are a carrier of c.diff (not the disease) and that's another form of normal.
If Metro does not quickly resolve the symptoms (3 to 5 days) then it's not unreasonable to suspect it's not down to c.diff.
If that's the case then you need your Dr to investigate why your still sick.
Typical C.diff bowel movements are at least 3 times a day and watery (like soup or broth) and dont improve untill treated.

Nichole
New User

Postby Nichole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks, I will talk to her.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”