I’m worried about the people around me

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Nichole
New User

I’m worried about the people around me

Postby Nichole » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:34 am

I’m 21 and just found out I have this c-diff. I live in a house with a 56 year old who died for 15 minutes and uses a walker. An 83 year old who had gangrene and surgery with heart problems. And a 77 year old who has lots of problems. My mother even has a shot immune system like the 56 year old. They have been exposed, but so far show no signs. My aunt, the 56 year old, insists that I am around her and touching my things because I have already been around her before. I just hate to give them this as I am young and can come back. Plus, if it’s reaccuring, I cant work. I might have already lost my job at the store I work at. I’m scared, worried, and can’t leave the house for at least a week, yet my family stays around; especially my aunt. What should I do?
I am 21 years and my favorite color is purple, I love reading, and I am a Christian so I will respond to religious comments. But I will respect everyone that respects me as a person with feelings. Thanks.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I’m worried about the people around me

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Nicole, u have a lot of worries on your young shoulders.

Read the first forum for hints on preventing c diff. Thorough hand washing is the best preventative. Also,use a separate bathroom if u can - or clean the bathroom thoeoughly after u use it.

You need some "alone" time away from the demands of your family. Try to take a little every day - I know it is difficult.

Best of luck to you. Keep posting to let us know how u are doing.You are a brace young woman. Hooray for you!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I’m worried about the people around me

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:39 pm

How are you doing, Nicole? Post to let us know. We are thinking about you.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”