what is happening to me?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
bjf
New User

what is happening to me?

Postby bjf » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:12 am

Im 13 weeks in recovery from a vanco taper. This weekend I had my first episode of diarrhea. I've been introducing new foods, maybe too quickly and too big of portions, and I also know there's a lot of viruses going around my workplace. Most were loose but i had one incidence of watery diarrhea. I think of myself as a pretty calm person, but the anxiety that this caused I've never felt before. Am i relapsing???? I can't believe how scared I feel. I've had no BMs today. and just feel kind of crampy, but my anxiety is still there. can anyone offer any help? I need to calm down.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: what is happening to me?

Postby NanciT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:48 am

Recovery takes time, adding foods back generally works better at a slow pace. If D continues and is watery at least 3x/day, get it checked.

There are flus going around and I found myself more sensitive to everything. Not everyone does, but I certainly did. Even OTC medications that I used to take suddenly cause me issues.

I added foods slowly, but sometimes I would get IBS and it was a food I had done well with.....no reason. I did get checked out by my GI as this continued. I have been dealing with IBS on and off

I understand the panic, hang in there and see how you do. I would go bland for a few days especially if you have flu like symptoms

Feel better soon

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: what is happening to me?

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:15 am

I had lots of food intolerances to foods that I used to be able to eat. Pepto Bismol helped me. My GI suggested it. You might want to ask your doctor if this is an option for you.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”