3 months

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
bjf
New User

3 months

Postby bjf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:58 am

Just found this site today. What a blessing.....wish I had know about it much sooner. Anyway, I just passed 3 months cdiff free on Sunday. Can I consider myself cured? I failed a round of Flagy, and then did a vanco taper. I've been holding my breath ever since. I've been confused because I still have some gas, bloating and stomach pain, but no diarrhea for these last few months. I see that you all call this post infections IBS. What can I expect from here on out? Will it get better? Sorry to have so many questions, but since I just found this group, I'm sure I will have many more. My doctor has not been much help. Thank you so much!

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 months

Postby Musings » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm

I believe that an occurrence of c.diff after 12-16 weeks is considered a new infection, versus a re-occurrence so three months is a fantastic milestone!

What you described sounds normal in recovery, c.diff itself, and the treatment for it, can take a toll on our digestive systems. Some people fully recovery while others, including myself, find themselves with a "new normal" but generally speaking you will feel better as time goes on and you continue to heal.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 am

Hello bjf and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for more information for new posters.

What you describe is quite common. You might want to keep a food diary and see if there are any foods that trigger more symptoms. Many of us got food intolerances after c diff. As long as you are not having D, that is great and hopefully the other symptoms will improve as time goes on and your GI tract heals.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 am

Your symptoms are common after Cdiff and it takes awhile to subside. You could try a cup of fennel tea , helps with the gas and bloating.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”