Can C Diff attack the liver?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: Can C Diff attack the liver?

Postby Musings » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:03 am

Flagyl itself can cause GI upset so softened stool and a different odor are not out of the realms of possibility. If you are considering stopping the medication, would advise you speak to your doctor first.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:21 pm

I just have to comment here also.
You are way ahead of yourself here with worry about your liver. A lot of meds cause increased liver enzymes that go to normal after meds are stopped.
As others have said this does not sound like active c diff. Diarrhea started after taking a laxative. Lots of people are colonized and test positive for c diff. That’s why you treat on symptoms not test results. Do you know if your test was even positive for toxins?

You should see a good GI who is up to date with c diff ASAP. It seems like you are all over the place and we really can only do so much here. We can’t really advise you.

Rachel98
New User

Postby Rachel98 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 am

Ugh I can't do this anymore! I can't stand the treatment with Flaygal anymore! This antibiotic has made me ill. I have never had any reactions from an antibiotic ever. Until now. I may even be allergic to it I am itching like crazy... They tried putting me on Vanco but Medicaid doesn't cover it and the only one I could afford was Flaygal... :( What do I do now? I have to treat it but I can't stand taking another pill... I heard a lot of people have had issues taking Flaygal. I have an appointment with my family doctor on Friday, so I think I should bring it up with her. My stool was brown but soft, I take it I am starting to get better? I know no one on here can give me medical advice but I want to know if anyone else had issues and should I get off of this one and try to see if they'll put me on Vanco?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:56 am

Ask about taking the liquid vanco. It is around $100 I think. You can call the pharmacy and ask. They mix it up for you from powder.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”