Stomach flu

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
CorgiGal
New User

Stomach flu

Postby CorgiGal » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:38 am

Hi everyone, I am currently enjoying (NOT) a bad stomach flu, my first one since I had a C.diff infection 11 months ago. I am scared that the turmoil will cause the C.diff to come back. Has anyone had a relapse or reinfection of C.diff after the stomach flu?

I plan on going back onto probiotics once things quiet down as a preventative for a few weeks (GI doc told me to stop taking the probiotics 6 months post-C.diff).

Thank you for your help. I am already feeling miserable and stressing about a relapse is making me feel even more miserable.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Stomach flu

Postby AllisS » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:43 am

Your current ailment won't predispose you to a C. diff recurrence. Hope you feel better soon.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:32 am

Had the stomach flu three times last winter and never had a relapse following. Get rest, stay hydrated, and stick with bland food for awhile.

CorgiGal
New User

Postby CorgiGal » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Thank you both for those helpful answers. I will be sure not to worry about it :)

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”