Recently Diagnosed

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
schism
Regular User

Re: Recently Diagnosed

Postby schism » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55 am

Thank you. I can say with quiet a lot of certainty that I have c diff again. The D is bad and the unwell feeling in my colon and the urge to go but can’t and we are hitting day 4 now with no resolution. I have mucus sometimes too.

I’ve had pretty bad gas this time around at night. I just had a mild panic attack due to just feeling unwell in bowels and so uncertain about everything. This has been so hard on me.

I will go to urgent care tomorrow and ask for dificid. I was planning on asking them for 40 pills instead of just 20 so I can do the full 10 days plus taper and pulse.

I am very worried that pharmacies around here won’t actually have dificid and yet I need to begin treatment.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 am

If you feel like you want to go, but cant go, it's almost certainly NOT c.diff!
C.diff is copious, frequent, watery D, not just a feeling of wanting to go.
Think, I need to go to the toilet and doing it before you make it to the bathroom.
Thats typical of c.diff!

schism
Regular User

Postby schism » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:32 am

I’ve read from several people that tenesmus is certainly a thing with c diff and they experienced it.

I have had D around 10 times per day. Sometimes it’s quite a lot of volume but most of the time not much volume. I don’t think some coconut oil would give me this much D and discomfort for this long, unless I could actually have something like a GI yeast infection/overgrowth and that coconut oil reeked terrible havoc on it.

I am going to see a GP later today. Interestingly, its now day 4 and I was able to wake up, eat breakfast and no D yet. First time I haven't crapped at least 2-3 times so far. The last episode of diarrhea I had that resulted in me beginning vanco it was also day 4 that my D stopped and I still don't know if it was the vanco that did that or I was naturally getting over the D.

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:16 pm

I don't understand why you keep consuming oils that are known to have a laxative effect while you are in recovery from C. Diff. I can certainly understand that you're anxious and nervous, but your actions are not helping the situation. I can't say whether your recent D is caused by C. Diff or something else, but you're not helping the situation by consuming products that will produce C. Diff symptoms. Even if this latest round of diarrhea is not being caused by a C. Diff. infection, you may still test positive since you recently had C. Diff. Then you're faced with the dilemma of whether to treat for C. Diff or not.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:33 pm

I am locking this thread now.
Start a new one if you want to.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”