What to expect

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Robbie
New User

What to expect

Postby Robbie » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 pm

Ive started my taper and pulse of vanco and I must say I'm all of a sudden feeling a lot of anxiety. I can't figure out if the symptoms Im experiencing are from anxiety or the c diff or a combination of both. I'm down to two doses a day for a week and I feel more crampy and gassy/bloated. Stools are still formed, although I have several movements a day. I'm eating a bland diet and not introducing anything new, so can anyone tell me why the symptoms are worse? Could it be IBS, or can you only get that when you are off the meds?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: What to expect

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 pm

I felt much better while on Vanco, it was not until I went off that more symptoms developed. It can be a process. Still with the bland diet and slowly add new foods. As far as anxiety, it is very common so don't feel alone. It takes time to work through. Honestly, time is what is needed when in recovery from CIDFF. If symptoms become worse, call you GI. I did have Post IBS but your GI will need to diagnose that, I was given medication which can help

There are some who come off treatment and then slowly recover, hang in there. Give it time

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:17 pm

As you cut down on meds your natural flora returns and (hopefully) does it's intended job.
Meds do not cure c.diff, it's the returning good flora that completes the cure.
While that is happening your gut flora is still not balanced so you might get minor gut problems.
If watery D returns 3x a day for 3 days or more it might need reviewing but anything less than that is considered a normal part of recovery.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Whenever I cut my dose of vanco during a taper, I would get more GI symptoms for a few days and then it would level off. But, when I went to one pill a day, I relapsed.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:53 am

Me too , every time i tapered down a dose of Vanco more symptoms started to return for a day or two.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”