Best herbal remedies for nausea?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
oceaneo
New User

Best herbal remedies for nausea?

Postby oceaneo » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50 am

Hello all! It has been a while since I posted. I am about a month and a half post flagyl and for two to three weeks I felt amazing and started new vitamins/probiotics per recommendation of a homeopathic doctor. Ten days ago I caught a bad cold and had sinus issues for a few days and then my stomach started cramping/gurgling again for a week now. BMs are normal for the most part but from time to time I get chills at night. Today I had bad nausea all day and stomach cramps, I had one BM and it was slightly loose with a fair amount mucus (which has never happened before)
1. is this typical for ibs? I am using seabands and they help great and I eat ginger and do all the regular things
2. are there any good herbal treatments for nausea/acid reflex/loss of appetite?
3. If you guys have an ibs flare up, do you go back to eating super bland? I am currently only eating low fodmap foods but I am thinking I should tone that down too

panda18
New User

Re: Best herbal remedies for nausea?

Postby panda18 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 am

I don't know if I have IBS but I definitely had Cd Diff and now I can't tolerate a lot of sugar.

I believe continuing eating ginger is good for you. I would trying boiling thin slices of fresh ginger in hot water and add honey. I do this ginger tea anytime I feel nauseous.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Ginger is the best natural remedy for nausea. I even give it to my dog. You can grate fresh ginger root and put it in any type of tea you like.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:45 am

Ginger and Manuka honey helped me a bit. I was just not a big fan of the taste.
I wore Sea Bands daily which helped me a great deal. I use them even now when I am having an "off" day

NanciT

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”