Frequency question, please answer

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Robbie
New User

Frequency question, please answer

Postby Robbie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am

I'm still on the vanco, and generally feel better, except for some pain and gas occasionally. My question is about bm frequency. My stools are always solid, but I have movements at least 3 times a day. Never anything but formed, no blood or mucus, which I had before I was diagnosed. I'm eating well, have a good appetite, and sticking to foods I know I can tolerate. I take a probiotic every other day, as I'm sensitive to them, but I know they are supposed to help so I deal with the side effects. Should I be concerned?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Frequency question, please answer

Postby NanciT » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Robbie

Everyone is different. The frequency of BM's is different from getting D several times a day. Sounds like all is well and you are getting through this. On Vanco I had similar. Please don't panic, give yourself time to heal

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Frequency question, please answer

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:10 am

I had more frequent bms on vanco as well. I also did not tolerate probiotics well. What I did, is I took some every day, but only part of a capsule. I put a little in applesauce. Some people get GI symptoms with probiotics too. I had to try several different ones before I found one that halfway agreed with me.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”