Spoke too soon. Relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Aurora
New User

Spoke too soon. Relapse?

Postby Aurora » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:28 pm

I guess I should have known as soon as I shared my "success" story, it would only be a matter of time. I have had wd twice today. Not sure how to tell if this is a stomach bug or c diff rearing its ugly head. I was a little dizzy a couple of days ago and thirsty in the night, but other than that I have been feeling fine. Feeling super anxious and wondering if I should call doctor tomorrow or wait it out. Knew it was too good to be true. I am 7 weeks post treatment this weekend.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Spoke too soon. Relapse?

Postby AllisS » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:13 pm

General rule of thumb for suspecting C. diff is three or more consecutive days of WD, at least three times per day. Give it another couple of days. Hope you feel better.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm

I had a different pathogen after c difficile that made me feel dizzy too - it was campylobacter and it went away on its own. If your symptoms continue, call the doctor. But, if you test, also ask for a stool culture to see if it could be a different bacteria. It could also be a virus.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 pm

Thank you. I will keep an eye on things. I seem to feel okay otherwise. I am also debating my definition of wd. So 2X in a day may not be so horrible. Crazy what it does to you after you have c diff though.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 am

Not sure if I am on the mend or not. I posted in TMI section. Debating calling my primary at 8 when they open. Not sure if it's anxiety making me start to overreact or if I am right to be concerned. Thank you to all who have been so supportive.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:26 am

Update- spoke to my favorite nurse and she felt that what I am experiencing should be normal. May have had a small bug or something I ate didn't agree with me. Told me to keep an eye on it and if D returns and I seem worse they would get me right in. Those of you who are Nurses, never underestimate how much you do for your patients. She truly set my mind at ease. I will wait and watch. Fingers crossed for the best. I have taken a personal day to rest and catch up on some grading.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 pm

A couple of good days and now another bad. I'm really nervous.

sammyp
Contributor

Postby sammyp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:31 pm

A couple good days followed by a bad day is extremely normal in recovery. I'm 15 weeks out and still have a pattern like this. I'll have 4-5 good days in a row now followed by a bad day. Unless you're having profuse watery D and feel very ill, it's likely not a relapse.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”