Possible relapse after 8 months?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Bobbo112
Contributor

Possible relapse after 8 months?

Postby Bobbo112 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Not sure what to make of this. I’ve been fine for the last several months and then this past Tuesday I woke up with a queasy stomach. My ab muscles feel bruised when I rub them with my hand like a post work out thing. There’s an actual bruise on my second left abdomen. During this time my bms were mostly fine, and I also developed cold like symptoms with chills, lack of appetite, an overall bleh feeling.

Abs still sore and tender and now my bms are starting to shift. Last night d, this morning formed loose with m, and now d again. Can it be coming back after all these months later?

roy
Administrator

Re: Possible relapse after 8 months?

Postby roy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:20 pm

If you were a horse the vet would probably shoot you!

Bobbo112
Contributor

Postby Bobbo112 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:22 pm

I’ve missed you too man.

Even after eating bland the last few days my stomach is gurgling where I can both hear and feel it, and last time this sequence of events occurred...

I guess my two main questions are has anyone had the gurgling during a relapse or feeling like your ab muscles are sore and bruised when you rub them?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Bobbo

There will be good days and bad days, if you have not had too many during the last eight months that is wonderful.
My recovery was long and still to this day nearly 4 years later, I took a medication I have taken in the past and it made me sick for two days.
As far as pain, I still have it in my gut on and off, sometimes if I eat at a restaurant, it will act up.
Recovery is a process, after this much time I don't panic anymore but I did for a long time always thinking it was back. I think it's very common.

I tend to eat bland when things are off, and then I am fine in a few days. If that does not work and things continue, get it checked out.

Take Care

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:21 am

I would not worry , your symptoms are more IBS then Cdiff relapse . Probably you ate something or it may very well be a virus or a common gut bug . Add a few probiotics to your bland diet and maybe a binding agent like Questran and you will get over it.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”